Monday, March 19, 2007

Boys' day out, Mom's day in

I’m still here. Not sure when I will be off-line, if at all. I do plan to check in every few days regardless.

Jon took Aiden out without me for the first time today. (Thus far they have met up with Uncle Joe, sat on motorcycles at a Harley dealership and visited Pappy.) It’s amazing how quiet the house is without all of Aiden’s noises. I’ve had to keep music on just to feel comfortable. I miss the little bugger. With him being gone, I had to do something I hadn’t done for a while; pump. If you don’t want to read about it, feel free to scroll down, I won’t be offended :) I could not believe how much milk I produced. 4 ounces on one side. Man, when Aiden was little and I was pumping nearly every day (because I thought I needed to have milk in the freezer just in case), I was lucky to get 4 ounces total. By the way, Aiden wouldn’t drink out of a bottle, and all that milk got thrown out. (Next time I will be donating to a milk bank. I looked into it when Aiden was 10 months, but by the time all the testing was complete, I would have only been able to donate for 1 month. They only accept it for the first 12 months) I’m sure he will be happy to find milk in his cup at dinner. We’ll see if he downs it like it’s lemonade.

Without little fingers helping me, I was able to get a lot done, and I plan to continue as they won’t be home for another hour or so. I got 11 pair of nursing pads cut out, 3 sets of flannel backed wipes and 15 flannel front diapers. Yesterday I completed an additional 3 pair of nursing pads, 2 sets of flannel wipes and a pair of pants & tote bag for Aiden. Add to that a beautiful morsbag that I intend to keep for myself, and you can see that I have been busy!

Alright, back to work…

No comments: