Thursday, January 25, 2007

6 Things You May Not Know About Me

1. I am very goofy. Aiden and I sing and dance throughout the day. Whether it be one of his toys making music, something on the radio or an original song by mommy. We have fun every single day!

2. I read a lot of articles, websites and books about unschooling and mindful/unconditional parenting. Being mindful does not come easy to me so I work on it daily. Scott Noelle's Daily Groove emails are often my daily inspiration.

3. I want to live on a huge farm with a bunch of kids, miniature horses, miniature goats, chickens, turkeys, chinchillas and a couple rats. Of course my dogs and cats can come too:) When my children get older, I would love to have them build houses on our land. Of course I would babysit/unschool all of my grandchildren.

4. I used to ride horses. You're reading a post written by a former Junior Gymkhana Champion. My poor Jupiter (I called him Poopa because he tooted every time he walked out of the barn) passed away last year. He was an old man.

5. I am messy. Always have been. What makes matters worse is that Jon makes me look like a neat freak. Add Aiden and all this toys to the mix, and our house is always wreaked! I've tried to keep up with everyone but find that it makes me more stressed than seeing a messy house does. I take the time every couple days to pick up and vacuum, but do this because I want to, not because I feel I have to. However, I do draw the line at stickiness. Ah, I hate being sticky!

6. I have a huge imagination and can picture incredibly beautiful things. Unfortunately my creativity ends there. I often cannot express my thoughts in words, pictures, etc.

So, if you read this, it's your turn to post 6 crazy things about yourself. Can't wait to read them all :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! I just found your blog via flickr (added you as a contact) and your store. (I'm totally eyeing that pink paisley pouch. Mmm.) I'm an avid babywearing fanatic and just thought I'd say hello. I'm going to link you on our blog!

Happy Babywearing!

Unknown said...

I so love this post...it's so great to hear the little things about you. I couldn't comment right away because oddly enough I couldn't think of anything crazy about myself and yet if you ask any of my friends they could give you a whole list of crazy things about me.
So, after talking to my close friend Linda, I still only came up with one thing....
I have to drink my coffee with a straw and if I'm using dry creamer the creamer must go in the cup before the coffee.
Okay, so it’s not that crazy…but that's all I got for now. :-)
angelique