Monday, January 15, 2007

No fabric, night terrors and wholesale pricing, oh my!

I try to stay positive. That's something I really strive for, so don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining here...
1. I am totally out of fabric and it won't be in until tomorrow or Wednesday. That really sucks because there is a huge snowstorm here today and Jon is home. I could be working on diapers that I will need very soon. But the snow is beautiful so I am still smiling :)
2. When I was young I had night terrors very often. Many people don't remember them and are able to fall asleep after, unaware that it has happened. I have never been that lucky. I had a few during my teenage years, one of which took place while camping with friends on the ledge of a huge mountain. Now that was embarrassing. Going to sleep is scary for me. I used to cover my head for fear of vampires getting me during my sleep. At 3 am, Aiden started screaming. I was aware that we was screaming, he was sleeping on my chest after all, but I couldn't move or function for a while. I had to have Jon come and get him because I literally had no clue what was going on or what I needed to do. I was basically still asleep and expecting to be murdered. Nice, huh? I remember thinking I was being dragged through a dark corn field or forest after having been raped. Nothing like this has ever happened to me. Aiden screamed in Jon's arms for a while and it took me a long time to calm down. I know that night terrors are inherited but I couldn't find any information on mother and child having one at the same time. I hope they are not going to plague Aiden as often as they did me.
3. Wholesale pricing is so hard when making diapers. I can't use the normal "take the total and multiply by 4" equation. In order to not lose any money, my wholesale prices are only 20% less than retail. My diapering packages, which I had set to debut this week, would make that amount go down even more. Do I set my wholesale prices figuring that I will someday be able to purchase fabric at lower prices by buying in bulk, making wholesale go up to 27%? Then I could take 7% off on diapering packages and my wholesale customers would still make 20% on them?

Update: I took my friend's advice and wrote to my wholesale customer. She was so helpful and understanding. A huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

No comments: